Dailymotion is one of the world’s leading video-sharing platforms. It attracts over 128 million unique visitors and 3 billion videos views worldwide per month by offering the best content from users, independent content creators and premium partners.
Dailymotion is looking for a dynamic, skilled and motivated system and network engineer to work with its BIG DATA squad. Using AGILE methodologies in collaboration with our DEVOPS team you will take part in the transformation and continuous improvement of Dailymotion’s infrastructure. You will mainly focus on Hadoop cluster management but will also be involved with stacks for video delivery, website delivery, video encoding and many others.
- Perform daily operations on the Hadoop clusters which are central to Dailymotion’s BIG DATA strategy.
- Improve and maintain Dailymotion’s IaaS platform in collaboration with other Devops squads.
- Ensure consistency and stability of the platform maximizing its availability.
- Ensure security of the platform by keeping up to date with technologies and process.
- Carry out analysis and design solutions for performance.
- Support for break-fix and incident resolutions.
- 5+ years administration experience with Hadoop and its ecosystem.
- Proven expertise in Hadoop production software.
- Successful track record of providing production support for large-scale distributed systems, with experience in creating software/scripts to automate production systems with some of the followings: Java, bash, python, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Have a good understanding of complex web architectures. (Apache/nginx, Loadbalancer, caching systems and storage backends)
- A good understanding of monitoring, logging and graphing tools along with their underlying principles. (ELK stack, Shinken, Datadog)
- Knowledge of configuration management and orchestration. (i.e salt, puppet, ansible, etc.)
- Expert in one or more programming languages. (Java, Python, PHP, Go ...)
- Good understanding of Linux, distributions, packaging, and kernel.
- Understand DevOps best practices.
- Good knowledge of docker and tooling